League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2 Day delay

By GrandadB - League Admin
10/23/2023 11:22 am
taking a break for a couple of days, give everyone a little extra time to prepare for off season and Early FA.

We will also be going to Mandatory Full Play selection and play diversity settings for next season.

Its not hard to do and it makes for a much more enjoyable and challenging game overall, many of you have already been playing it in the FCS & DFL leagues.

I will be sending a PM to each team owner and posting the offense and defense settings to diversify the play calls. In doing so, you can now have a long pass play or two that will have a chance, you can also use 4 & 5 WR sets that will have a good chance for a positive result. Instead of only 3 or 4 defensive plays used most of the time, you will now be able to use 24 or more per game. See you next season! GdB
Last edited at 10/23/2023 11:24 am

By idontfootballyuh
10/23/2023 2:01 pm
Why not just max out 40 off plays and 30 def plays?

By IoanBlood
10/23/2023 2:10 pm
idontfootballyuh wrote:

You have to activate 40 offensive and 30 defensive plays. The problem then is your AI coach. You have to find a certain slider setting (o and d) to spread to a maximum. I may Tell you that I am on the best way, however my highest selection in a single game so far was 37 O and 29 D. My average spreading is 30+ O and 22+ D.

10/25/2023 4:39 am
Had a request to extend the break a couple of days, do not think that is problem to help out another owner.

10/25/2023 4:48 am
IoanBlood wrote:
idontfootballyuh wrote:

You have to activate 40 offensive and 30 defensive plays. The problem then is your AI coach. You have to find a certain slider setting (o and d) to spread to a maximum. I may Tell you that I am on the best way, however my highest selection in a single game so far was 37 O and 29 D. My average spreading is 30+ O and 22+ D.

Exactly right, and Ioan has had the best diversity of anyone playing the game to date, Ive come close, lol. The idea is to get a better mix of plays and open things up a bit so you can now try a 4 or 5 wr play and/or a long pass play. If you use any of those vs a limited defensive play call that uses only the best average defenses, you will not get a good result. That is why those plays are not used by winning teams in other leagues. Until the game is able to move forward in a new version, which is being worked on, this method is the only way we can get a better simulated football game with more variety. And it makes it less predictable, but not to a detrimental level. You can check the results and stats for both the FCS and DFL leagues to compare against the Elite or NCAA leagues, which are both going to the diversity rule.